Introduction to music at Burlingame High School
The BHS Music Department band and choir classes are open to all BHS students and begin on the first day of school as part of the students’ regular class schedule.
The Band Program is directed by Kyoko Yamamoto.
The Choral Program is directed by Shawn Reifschneider.
The BHS bands and choirs entertain at home football and basketball games, pep rallies, community events, parades, graduation, and numerous concerts. As part of the music education curriculum, all band classes combine together to form the Marching Band and Pep Band. In addition the band and choral ensembles annually compete at Music Festivals such as Heritage Festivals and California Music Educators Association (CMEA) Festivals.
Those enrolled in band and choir are also offered an opportunity to audition for select groups that rehearse outside of the regular school day. Jazz Band is offered before school, while Chamber Singers is scheduled after school. Auditions are in the spring for the following school year.
Connect and contribute
We will strive to keep the music calendar up-to-date. So come here to view it or subscribe to it.
Email is the primary method of communicating with all students and parents, so register here to stay in the know. (No need to register if you already receive emails from Music Boosters)
Donations are critical to covering our music program costs. Donate here to ensure a quality educational experience continues.
What's Happening Next?
- Wednesday, Nov 20 MAVERICK JACK'S FUNDRAISER - from 11am - 9pm! Tell your friends!
- Thursday, Nov 21, 6:30 pm Informational Band Spring Tour meeting
- Thursday, Nov 21, 7 pm Music Booster Meeting (All Choir and Band Families Welcome to Attend!)
- Friday, Nov 22 CSM Jazz Festival, BHS Jazz Band performing at 3:30 pm (will need parent drivers) - See message sent via Canvas
- Monday, Dec 2 Choir Rehearsal, 6pm SMPAC
- Wednesday, Dec 4, 7pm Band Winter Concert, BHS Theater
- Thursday, Dec 5, 7pm Choir Winter Concert, SMPAC
- Friday, Dec 6, Burlingame Holiday Parade, Burlingame Ave. Call time 4:15 for marching band, band performs in full uniform at 5:30, Choir performs on Avenue Stage.